Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Bookworm




Most of you will know that I am a bookworm as well as a knitter and this is one of my latest purchases. It was something of an afterthought - I was ordering from Amazon and added it as an extra to make up to the free delivery mark. ( The fact that I would have saved more money had I not bought it escaped me! )

Anyway, it turns out to be one of the best knitting books I have bought for a while - "Knitalong"
celebrating the tradition of knitting together, by Larissa and Martin John Brown. There are sections on knitting groups, history, blogs, knitting cafe, swaps and charity knitting. Also, there are 20 patterns for interesting and usable projects which are suitable for group or individual knitting. A comparatively small book with a lot of content.

I had been thinking about using up my leftover sock wool for some time and this book comes up with a great project for this exact scenario ( see blanket on bed above ). Excellent!

No comments: