Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 September 2008

Latest projects

This is my February sweater in progress - so called because it's based on an Elizabeth Zimmerman design from her Knitter's Almanac ( one of the best value knitting books ever ).
You can get the free pattern from www.flintknits.com where the site owner has upsized it to fit adults.

As you can see it looks like a rag, but somewhere in there is a garter stitch yoke and lace body and sleeves. When it's finished , I will post pictures. Clearly, I am not using the recommended yarn which is aran weight - this yarn is Colinette Parisienne mohair which I had been saving for just such an event. I even did a tension square!

There is a support group for this sweater on Ravelry. I recommend Ravelry - there are support groups for everything and you can really get organised with stash, books etc. There was a waiting list to join but it's worth it and I keep in touch with several old friends that way.

Also, I have been knitting some Noro Cashmere Island fingerless gauntlets which I can't show you because I left them at school. I've also started a scarf for skiing son based on leftovers from all the ski hats I've made him brought together with a base of Rowanaran weight tweed. This is in it's very early stages.

Finally, I have the germ of an idea for a freeform leaf scarf which I may well develop in the near future. The good thing about freeform is making small pieces at a time and using up oddments. Bizarrely, I'm feeling thrifty at the moment. That will all go out of the window at Ally Pally!

No comments: